GINGER, botanically known as Zingiber officinale, is one of the top Philippine Medicinal Plants used as a remedy for various types of digestive ailments. Eating ginger, drinking its juice, sipping its soup, or taking a supplement before a meal results to a faster gastric emptying, thus preventing the occurrence of functional indigestion (dyspepsia). A ginger's various phytochemical compounds also help absorb the nutrients and minerals in other foods in the gut. Taking 1 to 1.5 grams of ginger relieves nausea from morning sickness, sea sickness, chemotherapy-related nausea, and post-operative nausea.
Its main bioactive compound, gingerol, is responsible for its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, making ginger also a favorite component in pain relieving balms and liniments. Its zingerone compound is known to produce an antimotility activity. The juice of the ginger, when applied to the navel, is said to cure all kinds of diarrhea.
1. Ginger Can Treat Many Forms of Nausea, Especially Morning Sickness. Ginger may also relieve nausea and vomiting after surgery, seasickness and in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
2. Ginger May Reduce Muscle Pain and Soreness
3. The Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Ginger Can Help With Osteoarthritis. In one controlled trial of patients with 250 knee osteoarthritis, those who took ginger extract had less pain and required less pain medication
4. Ginger May Drastically Lower Blood Sugars and Improve Heart Disease Risk Factors
5. Gingerol in ginger Can Help Fight Infections
6. Ginger Can Help Treat Chronic Indigestion
7. Ginger Powder May Significantly Reduce Menstrual Pain
8. Ginger May Lower Cholesterol Levels
9. Ginger Contains 6-gingerol a Substance That May Help Prevent Cancer
10. Ginger May Improve Brain Function and Protect Against Alzheimer's Disease
Castle Hill Travel & Tours
Copyright 2015. All Rights Reserved.